Sunday, September 19, 2010

Primitive Gathering

Our trip to VA began at the wonderful Rockmill Farm Bed and Breakfast. An old home that is a work in progress with lots of history.  The innkeepers John and Susie Shimp were very hospitable, it was just like home away from home.
Here is what remains of the Mill that the B&B was named after. Quite the amazing stone work all dry stacked with huge stones!

Some of the local animals that were so friendly

These two kittens were the best, being cat lovers we kidnapped them that night and they were right at home on the end of the bed.

We made it to Notforgotten Farm on Saturday morning to set up our booth.  The weather was wonderful it was a huge success.  Above is the farm house
Lori has the greatest little shop. I made a mad dash inside before the show started to try and look around, but you really need hours to see all there is.  So if you didn't make it to the Gathering her shop is a road trip worth making.
Some of the vendors putting the last touches on their booths

More vendors

Our booth, Kathy has all kinds of great props to dress things up, even a carpet to make you feel right at home.  She was so kind to share as I don't think we could have fit one more item in the Toyota Corolla, its small but makes up for it with great gas mileage.

All of Kathy's Jewelry.  Oh my were there some of the coolest pieces I can't even begin to describe.  I think that one of my favorite had a little egg with a tiny little bird inside, be sure to go to Kathy's new website to get a closer look, you may find something you can't live with out.

Here are some pictures of my items.

More of mine

We had great great neighbors who Danny encouraged to visit with persimmons snacks from the tree that shaded our booth.
It was a wonderful trip all the way round, we had great weather, beautiful settings but best of all we got to meet up with old friends and meet lots of new ones.  Thanks so much for those of you that stopped by and for those of you that did not get to attend try to make plans for next year as it makes for a good outing.
Danny is updating the website with new items so stop in and take a look.

3 comments:

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What a charming B&B. It looks so inviting. And the Gathering looks like it would have been a fun event. Wish I lived closer so I could have gone! Enjoyed the cat pics, too. From a fellow stitcher and cat lover...

Anonymous said...

I was able to attend the gathering and it was so much fun. I bought a sampler pattern from you. I am also the one in the picture with the donkeys. What a great day it was.

Carmen Sutton said...

onekid2love, if you would send me your email address I will send you a couple more pictures I have of you at the Primitve Gathering show with the photogenic donkeys.