Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Before and After

Sorry for the long absence.  First it was recovery from the mad dash to get ready for the Primitive Gathering Show.  Now its recovery from the remodel.  I think I showed you my work space in a previous post, it is the dining room table.  Yes I like to be in the middle of things, but I hate to have to pick up in the middle of a project because someone is coming over. So my solution.  I'm taking over one of the bedrooms. 

This is a kind of before picture.  The room was covered with wall paper. Step1: Remove wall paper.
This was what I found underneath, I think a lively child had this room as there were major repairs to the dry wall.

 Step 2:  Picking out a color and painting.  As you have seen in other photos of my house I do like color.  However it causes a problem when choosing floss and fabric colors when stitching, as the lighting of the room is affected by the wall colors. My solution was to put the color under the chair rail and a neutral color up top. 

So just like that it all came together, no not really if your ask my husband there was lots of *&%* to be heard, I think that was why he choose that week to go fishing!

Some more shots of the room.

This is the most awesome book case that I found at Ilona's Antiques, they had two but I had to be happy with one as that was all I could afford and actually fit into my house.

Inside the book case, the front just rolls up like a big roll top desk.  Nice to keep cat hair out.
I have to thank Kathy Barrick-Deiter for sending me a huge array of books that she hoped would help inspire me in my new adventure as cross stitch designer.  The ideas are all there, now its up to me.

This is the inside of the hutch, I thought that I could put my fabric on display on the shelves, I'm sure that it will stay in these nice neat stacks!

I only have one item to add to the sewing room and that is a sewing table.  I think that I have that covered, of course the call to Ilona's Antiques was made and Ernie said he had just finished the perfect one! 
Well I hope to be better at posting now that I'm done painting.  Hope your week is an exciting one till next post stitch lots!


No comments: