Today was finishing day. Almost to hot to be outside so I decided to get my new item for the website done. Jean stitched this little piece by La D Da some time back. I just loved the colors and design, but could not decide how to finish it, so today I just started in on it.
I used quilt fabric on the back it is a green with black printed design. The green was the wrong shade so I removed some of the color using Rit Color remover it turned the green from Forest green to a yellow green, just what I was looking for.
Then I stuffed it with sawdust nice and firm, so what to do with the edge. I like cording, but it usually makes my things look to formal, not what I was looking for. I did have some black twill tape so I couched it down over the seam and I am quite pleased with the end result.