Thursday, June 10, 2010

More of the Same

I know that stitching is what our main focus is supposed to be on this blog. However, I have been at a stand still with stitching but still felt that I needed to post some thing, so more flowers. The hydrangea bush above was at the house when we bought it, but we moved it and this is the first year that it has been covered with blooms. What is so neat is that it has all the colors on one bush.
Someone was telling me that Cleome is also called pins and needles so does that count as a stitching related post?
I am so proud of my corn it was planted mid may and as you can see it is as tall as me. At the base of the corn I have planted pole beans that I hope will use the corn stocks as their poles, as long as the bunnies don't eat them first. I have never tried it, but it sounded like a good idea.
I will keep you posted on how it works.
This last picture I'm putting in to show you just how large our Crape Myrtle has become, using me as the comparison. The bush in front of me is St Johns Wort just getting ready to bloom.

I have decided after looking at Anne's blog Scattered Moments, that while Franklin does not have the old world feel, it does have quite a history and some pretty cool houses, so I will be traveling around the area with camera in hand to take pictures of all the places that intrigue me. In the mean time I also hope to get back to stitching.

Tomorrow I off to Paris...oh that's Paris TN to help out at the Toyota fishing booth. And on Sunday I'm having a visitor coming to my house, I will let you know who on Sunday, it is stitching related, and I can't wait!

Till then have a great weekend!

No comments: