Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas

Oh my Gosh can you believe that Christmas is almost upon us? I don't know where the year went and I have so much still to be done. I did manage to get the house decorated a little so I will put up a picture or two to share.
 This is the main Christmas tree.  I have a few ornaments that I have made and there are snowflakes that my Grandmother crocheted, the tree is never complete with out them.  Can you see all of those tiny hemlock pine cones, I must say I'm quite proud of those all strung on fishing line for yards of garland.



 This is a small tree with stitched ornaments many made by me, but there are some that were made for me by special friends.
 





 Just a few close ups. I know the little black cat is really a Halloween ornament, but it looks so much like my Mim that we lost last year that I just new that she must spend Christmas with us on the tree.
 This little tree is for Danny who loves to fish so...
 A few lures so he won't feel left out. His fishing club is having their meeting here this week do you think they will notice?

 Here are a few Carriage House Stockings.  I stitched Noah and I'm not sure how I managed to get the two that Jean stitched, I must have looked pitiful when I was packing them up and she felt sorry, I think I'm going to have to perfect that look!  Oh who am I kidding I guess I already have because I have the stockings.
A few bottle brush trees and a favorite little Santa that is made out of a piece of wood.
I'm glad that I get to share these pictures with everyone here on the blog, it seem a shame that you all can't make it  over for some Christmas Cheer.  I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season it's a great time to look back on all that was accomplished and to be thankful for all that we have! 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Your home looks lovely and your trees are beautiful. I'm inspired to start a tree with stitched ornaments!

Chris said...

Your trees are beautiful. I love the hemlock garland. All of the stitched ornaments are fabulous too. A very beautiful post :)

Françoise said...

Lovely!!!!
regards
françoise