Saturday, September 3, 2011

Antiquing and Friends

Well so much has happened in the last two weeks, where do I begin.
I guess I will start an introduction to a new antique shop here in Franklin.
It's a must see, lots of things that if my house was not already overflowing I would be tempted to bring home and there would be no arm twisting involved.  Of course Danny will tell you I become attached to furniture in about one minute.  
Here are some pictures of what I would like in my home.

This chain from a sugar mill, framing the door way...


Love everything in this picture the unusual lamp, chair upholstered with feed sacks.

If you love boxes this one beats them all.  It was an artists box, the top lifts off with lots of compartments in it.  Then check out the two draws on the side and the one on the end.  Oh what I could put in there.

Good looking chopping block

What about the green piece (I forgot to look at the description), but again tons of storage.

I need to work on my photography skills, but the 3 lamps in this picture were very cool.  After reading up on the owners a very talented pair, Mr City Farmhouse makes them.

So if your in the area make sure that you stop in as I'm sure that you will find some thing that will speak to you, and if your house is already full just stop in for a fill of wonderful eye candy.

So how did I find this place???
Well last weekend I met a fellow blogger that happened to be in Brentwood on a job.  I was just jumping from blog to blog when I came across Kentucky Sampler and Peg was talking about the taxes in TN (nice and high) so I contacted her and we made plans to go antiquing in Franklin.  We had a great time, running around Franklin, looking at all the antiques.  Peg found some good deals, I was trying to be good. 

 This giant wooden egg was one of Peg's finds and some how it now lives in my house.
Thanks Peg.
I then dragged Peg back to my house and of course I had to show her my stitching. 

We finished the day by going out to dinner with Mastercheif and Danny. A wonderful day.

One of the things that Peg and I did was enter the contest My Heartstring Around the World.  Its a great idea of Beth Twist.  You take a picture of her blog title in your neck of the woods and send it in.  Beth gets lots of cool pictures of her blog title around the world and she sends you a wonderful sampler pattern! 
I hope your week was filled with friends and wonderful finds!


6 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great time it looks like you had! I see a few things I could come home with too, if only I had the room. Love the green cabinet and you're right, that chest is fabulous! I love a good antique shop!

Catherine said...

Oh the things in that shop are wonderful!! When we lived in TN, I loved going to Franklin!! I had the chance last spring to meet Peg in person, she is so much fun to be around! I can't wait to see her again next month! Isn't the pattern Beth sends great?

Rebecca from Iowa said...

Neat antique shop. Can't wait to tell a friend that moved to the area this past summer.
I really like the chain from the sugar mill. What a cool idea, you would just have to make sure you didn't run into it in the middle of the night going for a little snack.

Siobhán said...

Oh wow, what fun the two of you must have had! I love your wooden egg find.

Peggy Lee said...

You went back there and got pictures! SO COOL!! I know how you loved that chain in the doorway. Wish I could have gone back there with you.
The wooden egg looks great in that bowl...much better than where I was going to put it. ;)

You didn't have to "drag" me back to see your stitching. I was in such awe that I didn't take ONE picture!!

Carmen Sutton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.